Cultural Arts Education Information & Guidelines
The Children’s Services Council of Broward County (CSC) and the Broward County Cultural Division have created a successful partnership for collaboration between providers and artists to increase arts involvement and exposure for children in CSC funded programs. The majority of children served by CSC funded programs are of low socioeconomic backgrounds; this partnership provides cultural arts exposure to children who may not otherwise have the opportunity.
- Value Added activities in CSC funded programs offer an array of high quality enrichment opportunities that expose children to art, culture, and music provided by professional teaching artists.
- Providers choose artists from the Arts Education Directory posted on the Broward County Cultural Division website. This website lists approved organizations and artists offering workshops, performances and various cultural arts services.
- The CSC will reimburse providers at a maximum rate of $200 per artist/per hour, regardless of the number of children in attendance or type of event.
- Artists are encouraged to provide their services at the lowest rate possible. This will enable the provider to offer more or varied performances/classes.
- Providers should follow their CSC approved budget; no additional CSC funds are available for transportation, supplies, instruments, equipment, etc.
- Artists and providers may contact Piper Weber, at the Children’s Services Council, at (954) 377-1142, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Grace Kewl-Durfey, Broward County Cultural Division Arts Administrator at (954) 357-7869, Email: email@example.com with questions/concerns about any program/agency or artists included in this partnership.
Arts in Education Directory: http://www.broward.org/Arts/ArtsEducation/Pages/ArtsEducationDirectory.aspx